Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year




We will be leaving Williamsport on Saturday and moving down to Chambersburg, PA to stay for a while. While is was nice to visit with family and friends, while in the area, it has not been fun to be sick with a bug, weather an ice storm and bitter cold temps and deal with boondocking under such extreme temperatures. I really wish I was in Florida right now. That would make for a "happier" new year.

Yesterday I drove up to spend the day with my mom, in Mansfield, PA. Once I got 10 miles out of town, you'd have thought I was in another world. It was like driving in a blizzard. Hard, blowing snow was coming down and all I could see was the path the previous car had made so I knew where the proper lane was. Took a while to get there but had a good time, hanging out with mom and talking. The drive back, in the afternoon, was much better. The roads had cleared and it was fine.

Today it is bitter cold (2 degrees in balmy Williamsport)but the sun is shining. Calling for some snow tomorrow but we're hoping it won't be enough to hamper our getting out of here Saturday morning.

Hoping all of you have a wonderful and prosperous start to your New Year.

No comments: