Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ridiculous....

Today is starting out with cold temps..I thought it was cold and windy yesterday but today the winds are supposed to be 30-40 m.p.h which will be stronger than yesterday's. This place is always windy ! I can only think of a couple of days, in the almost 4 months we've been here, where it has actually been calm. It's ridiculous !

Yesterday we were supposed to be off. At 8:32 a.m. Linda got a text from our assistant manager that she was sick and not coming in. Grrrr.....Nothing starts my day in a grumpier manner than finding out all the things I had planned to do are now out the window cause our assistant manager is out AGAIN. So Linda jumped in the shower and got over there to open at 9...one of the advantages (if you can call it that) of living right outside the office. I was right behind her and worked till 2:15 getting the lock report done and all my normal chores. At 2:15 I started in on my "to do" list at home while Linda finished out the day. I had to go inside for a few minutes in between all of the outside deeds as it was so cold and I had to thaw out. Can't imagine how it will feel outside today.

Have two interviews this morning for a replacement for our other assistant manager who went to work at Union. Hopefully one of them will be a viable candidate and we can get their training underway. We don't want to leave the new managers short handed right off the bat. Well, time to get ready for work. I can hear the wind howling outside. We'll head over to the apartment to shower and conserve the water in our fresh water tank. We have the hose unhooked as it would surely freeze with these temps and wind. Don't want to have to mess with frozen water hoses on a day like today. No sirree....

1 comment:

Bobbie and Jim said...

Sorry to hear about your weather wows. We are in Deming, NM and we DO have the white stuff coming down! UGH!!! It was cold in Coffeyville, cold in Colorado for Christmas and now cold here. Take me away to AZ where it is 55. Bobbie