Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rest Stop Romance

An interesting event unfolded when Linda and I stopped for the night at the Colorado Welcome Center. We were parked behind the “Welcome to Colorful Colorado” sign in the large parking lot. A pick-up truck, driven by a man who appeared to be around 50 years old and an SUV, driven by a 30ish woman, pulled in next to our rig but the guy in the truck left his engine running. Linda and I were sitting on the bed, playing cards and we could see both of the occupants. As soon as the man and woman started talking it seemed apparent that this was a clandestine meeting of some sort. We couldn’t hear what they were saying but we sort of developed the plot in our own minds of what was happening between them. The names have been changed to protect the guilty…..

P9020012 Amy: We can’t continue this way. I wanted to meet you here to tell you that we have to end our affair.

Larry: But why ? You know I love you….P9020011

Amy: You keep saying that you’re going to tell your wife and leave her so we can be together but it’s been over a year and nothing has changed.

Larry: I told you that it’s not that easy…I will tell her about us and we will be together. You just need to be patient.

Amy: I can’t wait anymore. You go home to her every night and she has you. I want what she has…I want you.

Larry: We need to be patient…remember I told you that she stands to inherit alot of money from her rich uncle…it won’t be long now before the estate is settled. I’m staying with her for her money but you know, it will help us to get a good start on our life together. Then I can get rid of this old pick-up truck and get something nicer.

P9020010 Amy: I love you but can’t wait anymore…I don’t know…I’m so confused..

Larry: Don’t go…..we can work it out….

Well, after a whole lot of pleading, kissing, etc. Amy drove off into the sunset and left Larry sitting in the parking lot. Who knows how this soap opera turned out. We hope that no one is getting hurt with whatever is going on between the two of them. It was fun to be a voyeur on the whole thing.

No comments: