Saturday, April 17, 2010

Critter and Twitter....

They said on the news tonight that EVERY single tweet that has ever been posted to Twitter is going to be archived in the Library of Congress. Really ?!? I guess all 91 tweets that I've ever posted will go down in infamy. I can't see what historical significance all of these 141 character or less snippets will show about my fellow tweeters other than some pretty absurd or mundane thoughts. Oh well...our tax dollars at work.

Tomorrow is the last work day of this week. One more week to go before we pull out of here and head to North Carolina. Tomorrow is our short day...we close at 3. Today as I was driving the golf cart around the property I saw the groundhog that has taken residence in the back of the property. He went scurrying to his hole as I approached. I stopped about 20 feet from him and sat real still in the cart and up popped his head from his hole to see if I was around. He saw me...ducked down briefly then peeked up again. He kept up this jack-in the box routine until I reached for my cell phone and then he went totally down in his hole. He's a cutie !

Been watching the news of the volcanic ash in Iceland. They showed how pitch black it was outside for being in the middle of the afternoon, due to the cloud of ash that was falling. The reporter could scoop up handfuls of the ash off the hood of his car and he had a facemask on to protect his lungs from the ash. How horrible for the thousands and thousands of people who are stranded in European airports, unable to get a flight out to their destinations. Most of the airlines are not offering hotel or meal assistance to these folks. Surely they must have a few thousand bags of peanuts laying about that they could hand out in the terminal for these poor folks. They said that even once the eruption has stopped that it could take 7-10 days for the air space to clear before airlines could start flying through the airspace...Wow, gonna be a long wait for some of these people. Kind of freaky....

No comments: