Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Slow News Day....

Apparently the sagging economy, unrest in Iran, demise of GM, increase in global warming and a zillion other topics aren't important enough that we've had to hear about President Obama killing a fly during an interview the other day. I think our news media needs a slap of the same scale and magnitude that Obama gave that fly. And of course, as I predicted, PETA weighed in today on the whole thing and gave their "statement". Give me a break !! I don't advocate cruelty to animals...quite the contrary. I have two dogs that came from an SPCA and they themselves suffered cruelty at the hands of their previous owners. But as a friend of mine once said...the spiders and critters are free to live and exist outside but when they come inside...that's my domain and I won't guarantee their safety. That's my take on flies, ants, spiders, etc. that I find in the rig....turn me over to PETA if you want but there will be no peaceful co-existence in this household with outdoor critters.

No comments: