Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cold and Rainy....

It's been really chilly today....after wearing multiple layers of clothes I finally gave in and turned on the furnace...just once...but I felt like such a weenie. Living in the tropics of Baton Rouge, where it's 80 degrees in springtime and then having a cold and dreary day in the 60's was bone chilling to me. Just have one more day of cold and rain to get through and then the sunshine and warm temps will be back. Calling for 80 degrees (the Pennsylvania style of 80, not Baton Rouge....drastic difference)and sunshine on Saturday. Yeehaa !!

Tired of looking at dreariness, Linda and I went to the mall to get some walking in. Seemed good to see the colorful store displays and see what was going on in the mall. Took three laps around and here's some of what we saw. Lap 1...mall is really SLOW but Auntie Anne's display case is loaded with product. They expecting a bus to get dropped off from the area senior center ? A few empty store fronts...Sears has taken the empty windows near them to display their products...I catch a glimpse of tools and gadgets on first go round...

Lap 2....A cute little girl is in the chair at the piercing place...Hmmm..Yep, that's an air compressor in the Sears window...$45 for child's sneakers..Are you nuts ?....Boy those leather couches look comfy over there....No, sir we're not interested in a chance at a $25,000 home makeover.....getting hot...time to take off sweat shirt and wear only t-shirt..Whew !

Lap 3...."Piercing" scream from the little girl in the chair who got new ear rings. Clerk is trying to console her by holding up mirror and telling her how cute she looks. Oh boy....her life of vanity begins.....Do a lap "through" tool dept in Sears to look at air compressor...yep, it's a beauty !....feel so old...all the movies sound like they were made for kids....Boy, my leg muscles burn...Time to quit....

Back at home I'm writing an article for the next issue of RVing Women magazine and Linda is outside puttering around. I notice that Schroeder is rocking back and forth. I check him and it appears he is having a seizure...it really scares me. I go to the door and holler for Linda but no answer. I call her on cell phone and she is next door and says she'll be right over...I go to Schroeder and hold him till it passes. The only other time I've seen him have a seizure was back when we were still living at the house and I think it was from something he had gotten into (chemicals I had put on lawn). Not sure about this time but it makes me so nervous when it happens.

Rest of day has been spent playing Skippo with Linda or watching TV that isn't really worth watching. Tomorrow Linda has an interview at nearby nursing home and we have to take Jake (Linda's sister's dog) to vet in Hagerstown. I also need to get some salads prepped for our picnic on Saturday and the lawn mowed. Lots to do...hope the weather cooperates for the outside stuff.

No comments: