Friday, June 12, 2009

It Just Hit Me.....


Some friends of ours are trying to sell their house. I think it's been on the market for about 3 months now with no success. As I was thinking about their dilemna, it dawned on me to ask them whether they had the statue of the saint buried to help them with the sale. Seeing how it's been on the market for 3 months, it seemed pretty obvious to me that they had forgotten this essential step.

Take it from me...I had heard about the St. Joseph statue but had kind of scoffed at the whole thing. That is until my house had gone through three realtors, over an 18 month period and no offers. I thought what harm could it do...Bought St. Joseph...followed the step by step instructions and one week later I had an offer on the house and was on to the RV'ing lifestyle that we now know. I would have lent my statue to our friends but I forgot to dig him up out of the flower bed over the septic system. He's still working his magic, I'm almost sure, at growing the most beautiful flowers that neighborhood has ever seen. Good thing I'm not Catholic. I'm pretty sure that faux pas would have cost me a whole bunch of Hail Mary's or some other penance.

A short while ago some other friends of ours were getting their house ready to sell and we told them not to forget about St. Joseph. We didn't think they'd have any trouble selling their house at all as it was amazing but in light of the recent real estate market, a little extra "insurance" couldn't hurt. But they wanted an "experienced" St Joseph..... Friends of theirs had sold their house quickly and offered to loan them their statue. Only thing was that in their haste to remove their statue from the ground, after the quick sale of their home, they inadvertently decapitated St. Joseph....Yikes ! Apparently the glue they used gave him "super" powers cause when our friends buried him they sold their house the first day it was listed !! Holy Smokes ! I'm sure they gingerly retrieved him from his burial spot and returned him to their friends until his next assignment.

I wonder if his powers extend to other things like cars or RV's...I mean it's just a house on wheels...could be another niche market for St. Joseph. In fact, Linda's niece is trying to sell her car. Maybe I could test it by "burying" him in her glove box or trunk. Hmmm....Hold on GM....Help is on the way !

1 comment:

Bobbie and Jim said...

Yes siree-e-e-e St. Joseph statue sure does work. Not being Catholic myself, I had a friend buy one and go to my house and bury it with the appropriate prayers. Yup, it sold in record time. I'd recommend it. Bobbie