Friday, October 15, 2010

Recovering

My surgery went well Wednesday morning. Linda was getting a little nervous cause it took longer than they had told her for me to come out of recovery. My body doesn't care for anesthesia and the nurses couldn't get me to wake up. They finally did and then took me to my room where I spent most of Wednesday dozing. The anesthesia reared its' ugly head again as it tried to get out of my system. Guess they didn't give me near enough of the anti-nausea medicine. Anyway, I was discharged from the hospital around 6 p.m.on Thursday and after stopping by the apartment to pack up some items, we headed to the campground. It's been so great having Becky here to help Linda with things. My pain and discomfort isn't too bad...Get tired out easily and need to lay down and rest a little before I get up and go again.

I'm taking it easy. Tomorrow Becky flies back to Boston. On Thursday, while I was napping, she got the call we've been waiting for. She got the job at Berklee's School of Music that she interviewed for. She's going to be a Program Assistant in the Student Activities dept. What a great opportunity ! We're so happy for her. She starts on November 1st.

Guess that's all for now. My thanks to everyone who sent their good wishes and prayers for my surgery. I appreciate it so much and can't wait to get to the point where I'm fully recovered and don't have any restrictions. Driving me crazy not being able to do stuff and having to sit on the sidelines while Linda or Becky do it. This too shall pass....

2 comments:

Bobbie and Jim said...

So happy you finally got the surgery completed...needed to be done, Sweetie Pie. Jim and I continue to mention you both in our nightly prayers...know you are loved and very much cared for.

Tom and Donna Clapham said...

I sent you an email girlfriend!!! So glad you are doing well. Take time to mend...OK? Tom and Donna