Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pilot Mountain


On Saturday Linda and I decided to drive up to Pilot Mountain. Since we drive past it to get to the campground, we had to backtrack a bit to get there. It was a gorgeous crisp, fall day so we thought it would be an ideal time to get great views from on top of the mountain.
With my physical restrictions, the typical activities that one does on Pilot Mountain such as hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, bicycling, etc. are not ones that I can do. I was hoping as we drove to the top that the overlook area would be relatively close to the parking lot to limit the amount of walking I'd have to do. Well, it wasn't too far but was down a pretty good grade so I took it real slow and Linda had a hold of my arm to make sure I didn't cover too much ground too quickly. Funny how the steep grade could be felt in my abdomen as we came back up. We did have some awesome views from the overlook though.

If you look real close, those dark buildings way off in the distance are Winston Salem.

Once we left Pilot Mountain, we drove back to Mt. Airy and went to Wal-Mart to get some things. Our weekend is cut short since there is a big event today at work and Linda is expected to help out if needed. If these things were once in a while, it wouldn't be so bad but they've been twice a month and always on our days off which means we get one day off instead of two and have to cut camping short. We're just a little bit grumpy today. Too much to do (and I can't help)and not enough people to do it all.

No comments: