Sunday, October 17, 2010

Lazy Sunday...

Saturday Becky flew back to Boston to enjoy her last week of unemployment before starting her new job at Berklee. We're so excited for her. What a perfect position for someone who loves music so much...to work at a school exclusively about the music business, providing an education to young people who share that same passion for music. I can't wait to hear all about her job in the months ahead as she gets settled in there.

My days are pretty uneventful, as I guess they should be. Walking, lounging, napping, eating, internet browsing, and then off to bed for a new day of the same events. Can't sit for too long or I get very stiff and sore so I take a little stroll around the walking path or through the interior hallways here. I took an hour long nap just now and awoke to the shrill e-call siren going off in our apartment. That made the ole tummy muscles contract a wee bit. Luckily it must have been a false alarm as it stopped after just one loud, annoying blare. It is a beautiful day here..in the high 60's with a light breeze blowing.

The hard thing for me is my "Do Not Do" list is way longer than my "Can Do" list. I feel really bad for Boomer that he's cooped up with me too and I can't take him out for walks. I've figured out a way to at least let him go outside. If I hook the retractable leash over the door handle, it will retract far enough that he can go out in the back yard to pee. A "No Hands Approach" to walking the dog....
That way it won't jar me if he sees a squirrel and takes off on a dead run (that would really hurt). Think I will reheat our leftover shrimp fajitas and eat it out on the back patio while Boomer lounges in the grass enjoying the last rays of sunlight. More later....

1 comment:

imMovable Book Lady said...

Very glad all is going well. Take care of yourself and don't rush things -- major surgery is a big deal and the body resents it. Best wishes.