Monday, May 18, 2009

Tennessee and all points in between...


We left Tenn. Wednesday morning and finished the last leg of our trip to Pennsylvania. We pulled into Chambersburg, PA mid afternoon and got set up. We're parked with the front end on a bit of a slope so it took a cinder block and many boards to get us leveled up. On Thursday we ran around getting errands done...got the oil and fuel filter changed in Bertha. Went to get propane and local place wanted $32 and I told them they could forget that...we'd go elsewhere. Linda ended up getting it at Flying J for under $20....were these other people crazy ?

I had left my Xterra in Chambersburg so late Thursday I took my car and Linda took Bertha and we went north. I took the dogs and went to my moms to stay till Sunday morning. Linda went to her son's place in Williamsport till Sunday morning. I had a great time with my mom, driving her around to different places to run errands and just get her out of the house. The dogs took quite a shine to mom and soon learned where she kept her "cookie" jar and she was very generous in giving them treats.Linda went to watch her grand-daughter's soccer game (She's #20)and do a bunch of activities with the family. On Sunday she and I met up in Williamsport, along with her son and his family, and we went to the Penn College picnic at Knoebels amusement park in Elysburg. This is such a great park for families....no cost to get in or park...only have to buy tickets if you want to ride. Park is totally shaded and has some world class rollercoasters. They used to have several rollercoasters that were listed on the "Top 10" list in the country. Linda and I ate lunch and went into the park for a little while. We got to see some of our Penn College friends while we were there. Originally Linda was coming home to go to her younger son's graduation from PSU but then he decided not to march so we decided to go with her older son to his function, since I would get a chance to see some of my former colleagues. We had a good time! We left there about 3....Linda heading back to Chambersburg with the dogs and me headed to Philly to spend a few days with my kids.

That is where I am now...in Philly. My kids have taken some time off from work and I will be here till Wednesday. Linda is leaving Chambersburg today to go see her daughters in Virginia Beach. I'll return to Chanbersburg on Wednesday and she will return at the end of the week sometime. Whew...it has been a whirlwind week of traveling and visiting. All good stuff !

No comments: