Saturday, November 29, 2008

The rush is on !

Well yesterday was the official start to the crazy Christmas buying season and we started 11 hour shifts at Amazon last night. Whew...who would think that adding just one extra hour to a shift would be such a killer. I gave birth to two kids in shorter time than last night lasted !! Oh my, it was rough. I don't think my head had even hit the pillow before I was sound asleep. This morning I awoke to the sound of a chainsaw being rudely run somewhere outside...tried to get an ear plug in my ear to drown out the sound only to realize I already had one in. Not a good start to the day and we've got another long night ahead of us tonight....last day though and then a couple days off.
Orders were up last night....some people are shopping but the orders were still having us pickers running all over the place. Walked 12.18 miles last night....holy cow. Good thing that neither of us had any money on us cause we sure had a hankering for some fresh donuts from "Daylight Donuts" in downtown Coffeyville. They open at 4 a.m.....cute little place. Reminds me of an old fashioned bakery we had in my hometown growing up. This place is only open till 11:30 a.m. so they truly are a "daylight" kind of place. When we arrived the other morning, just after 4 a.m. their cases were full of glazed donuts, bear claws, turnovers, apple fritters, eclairs, coffee rolls, etc. Yum Yum !! Everything was great too....reminded me of my bakery days and getting up at 2:00 a.m. to make the donuts....but I digress...back to work tonight and we'll have one more week wiped off the books till it's time to go back east. If we have a full nights worth of work tonight that will be 57.5 hours for each of us this week. Whew ! Tomorrow and a couple of days off are sure looking good about now.

1 comment:

Dennis Sides said...

Can you hear us laughing from TN? (not at you but with you0 Gotta give you girls a pat on the back for your determination ! Has anybody else left?