Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Better to See You With....

Yesterday Linda and I went to get our eyes checked. I hadn't noticed any change in my vision but Linda has noticed considerable eye fatigue and trouble seeing with her right eye. After getting them checked, we can see why. Her prescription for her right eye is way off from where it should be so not sure if they messed up her prescription last time or if her eyesight has deteriorated that bad in the last couple of years. Needless to say we need to get her new glasses....pronto ! So we've been combing the Zenni Optical web site trying to decide on frames. After some coaxing we got all the measurements we needed from the sales clerk so that we can order on-line. Usually they won't give you the PD (pupil distance) measurement unless you are getting your glasses from them but after telling her that we work on the road and were leaving town the next day (all of which is true), she took the measurement and gave us our prescription. Boy, are there a lot of frames to choose from. The nerdy, thick frame from the 50's is back in style or maybe it's just a trendy variation (sure looks like the Buddy Holly frame I remember). This place has frames for so cheap compared to what I've paid in the past. The frame I'm looking at getting will be less than $66 and includes two pair of shades....Typically I pay around $250 just for the eyeglasses ! Wow, that is a big savings....Darn ole progressive bifocals add a lot to the cost. It's pricey to try and be deceptive and not reveal that one has bifocals ! My prescription changed very little and actually I wouldn't really need new glasses except that I've had these frames for close to five years and the lens are so scratched up I can hardly see through them. The biggest change in my eyesight came at age 40 when I learned I needed bifocals. Seems that the aches and pains really started at age 40 so I guess my eyes felt they needed to join the party. Since then, though there hasn't been much change in my prescription. That is a relief. Once we decide on a frame we'll get it ordered and have it sent to us in Union, NY at our next job location.

We've left Chambersburg and are now in Virginia Beach so Linda can see her daughters and grandson. Tomorrow we will head back to the rig and will await the arrival of the new black tank. We got our converter box coupon in the mail and picked that up at Target. I'll install that while we are hanging out in Amissville and see if that helps with our TV signal problem. I will also get the tubing put on the grey tank straps in preparation for the belly going back on. We'll probably play a lot of cards the remainder of our time in Amissville cause I couldn't get any signal for our broadband card and probably won't be able to pick up much in the way of TV stations. That's OK....we like to play Skip-O.

No comments: