Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Houston Aquarium














Today, Aug 26th, we went with some of the participants to the Houston Aquarium. Took us 1 hour, 23 minutes to get there and I didn't think the traffic was bad. Nice place..don't know as I'd go again..it pales in comparison to the aquarium in Baltimore...but we had a good lunch and returned home. Here are some pics...Linda was just dying to swim with the sharks so she jumped in this suit and went for a swim. For me, after petting the stingrays on their backs, I figured I wanted to see them from below so I went down under and smooched one of them on the belly. Very soft....
The best thing at the aquarium was the white tiger. They started with four tiny cubs and now they are getting ready to celebrate their third birthday...oh so pretty ! I liked this exhibit the best of everything there. The aquarium is right in downtown Houston so it gave us a chance to see the city. It was nice...Metro runs right down the center of the street and right to the front door of Univ of Houston - downtown campus. How convenient for the students. Well, tomorrow is our day off this week so we're trying to figure out where we might go and what we'll do. We have our volunteer meeting in the morning but then are done for the day.

No comments: