Saturday, August 23, 2008

By the light of the silvery moon....


Last night I had a dose of insomnia. Woke at 12:47 with "busy brain", as Linda and I like to call it. Went out on the couch and laid there for an hour, tossing and turning and then went back to bed. After laying there for a few minutes...wide awake, with no sleepiness in sight, I decided that I might as well get up and go clean the pool. If I continued to lay there, tossing and turning...then finally fall asleep and the alarm goes off at 6:00, I'll be a zombie for my drive down to see Becky. So I got up, dressed, grabbed the pool key and off I went.
The campground looks a lot different at 2:15 a.m. then it does in the daylight. And the pool looks even weirder. There are a couple of lights on surrounding buildings and two underwater lights in the pool itself so there are lots of shadows that are cast.The sky was full of stars and there was a half moon; very pretty and comfortably cool.
The water was very clear and not dirty at all so it only took me an hour to finish up everything. No frogs to rescue from the skimmer baskets (or the pool itself)so nothing out of the ordinary to take extra time.
I like working when it's quiet...no distractions....no one looking over my shoulder. Just get in there and get the job done.As I pushed the long pole through the water, with the vacuum attached on the end, weird shadows were playing off the edge of the pool on my side and the opposite side of the pool. Kind of creepy !
When I finished, I locked the pool up and walked back to the rig. The exercise of cleaning the pool was just what I needed. I crawled into bed, curled up with my pillow and slept till 6 (when I heard Linda getting up for work), then resumed sleep till 8:30.
Getting ready to leave now to go visit my daughter, who has gone to Cape Charles with a friend for the weekend. It is supposed to take me about an hour, forty minutes to get there but I have to cross the Chesapeake bridge, which I'm not looking forward to. 17 miles of bridge over open water !! Eeekkk !!!! One of the very few things I really have a fear of. But with the thoughts of seeing my daughter on the other side....I can do this !

No comments: