Sunday, September 25, 2011

First Weekend in Van Buren

Not much going on this weekend. Saturday morning we went to Cracker Barrel for blueberry pancakes. Picked up a little tabletop snowman to put in the new rig for the holidays and to act as the only sign of anything to do with snow that we want to see over the coming winter months. There’s a flurry of snowflakes that constantly swirl, in his belly and it changes all different colors. Really cute ! Then we hit Goodwill and had a really productive shopping trip. I’ve never seen so many pairs of jeans, slacks or pants in a thrift store before. Anyone that knows me, knows I hate shopping and I despise trying on clothes. This was the first time ever (or at least for as far back as I can remember) that everything I took into the dressing room fit AND I liked it. We’re not talking just one or two items either…..I bought ten new shirts to replace my too baggy ones that are in the closet. This Goodwill is the bomb too for great high end stuff. Lots of great stuff ! I’ve got a new wardrobe for $32….that doesn’t include the $10 Linda paid for a cool pair of black cowboy boots. Will be great for riding the trike. Tired out from shopping we came back to the rig and hung out. Linda is breaking down the jobs from the two parks we did in Nebraska so we can mail them in first of the week. I took a little nap while she toiled away at that tedious job.

Today we awoke to a beautiful day. Thought it was supposed to be cloudy and cool but it’s actually sunny and probably in low 70’s. She put together a stir fry of veggies and cooked that on the grill while I gave Bertha a bath. Tonight we’re going to go have dinner with Linda’s aunt (her dad’s sister). She hasn’t seen her aunt since her dad’s funeral in 1999 so they have quite a bit of catching up to do. She lives in Findlay, about 20 minutes from where we are.

Been trying to make long distant appointments to get the towing gear installed on our car, which is currently in the Norfolk area. On my second attempt, I got Hibbard’s Iron Works to install the base plate and wiring. They will also take a look at the Roadmaster Invisibrake to see if they will put that on. Hoping they will so I don’t have to search out someone else to do that. Want to get all of that stuff done before we arrive in Norfolk so we don’t have to be without a car for too long, once we arrive, and it doesn’t tack on additional days to our “visiting schedule”. Its been quite a scheduling feat to work out arrival and departure days for all the places we’re trying to hit. Picking up the rig and staying in NJ long enough to check all the systems out has been the toughest part of it all. We’re hoping we don’t find any major issues once we check it out that will mean having to stay longer to resolve the issues. Keeping our fingers crossed.

No comments: